[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 8 of 9<<456789>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Fox Dominates (Again),< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 71
ControlledHyperness Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 07 2011,4:33 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Just to throw a kink in things, Beck is getting booted from Fox. Some point later in the year is when.

--------------
I once had a thought...then it ran off before I could remember what it was...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 72
OEF_Soldier Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 07 2011,9:44 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Expatriate @ Apr. 06 2011,11:18 am)
The Canadian Government as well as that of England realize well the propagandic style tripe that Goebbels and Hitler used to sway the German people works, there are far to many half-wits that
suckup Fox snake oil showmanship as news..
Did I just call you a half-wit?

You can't really be serious and agree that having the government in total control over your Television and Radio is a good thing. How do you think Goebbels and Hitler were able to spread their propaganda so well Expat? They took over total control of the airwaves and silenced all dissension.

Let's break this down a bit... FNC is one channel with a FOX Business offshoot. FOX sports has numerous offshoots around the country such as our own FSN but there is still only one FNC. NBC has 3 News sources with 2 of them being full time news channels. MSNBC and CNBC as well as the NBC nightly news and yet they cannot find a way to knock FOX news out of the #1 spot. On top of this people in this country have so many varieties when it comes to news that the fact that FOX has remained #1 for so long is nothing short of amazing.

According to the link below FNC claimed the top 13 spots in rankings and when you compare all the channels available to people for news FNC still comes out on top. Granted only a couple of shows actually qualify as news shows but still the top 13 are all FNC.

Rankings

All I can say is thank god we have the freedom to enjoy our TV/Radio news without total control by the government and thank god for BBCA.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
I've upped my standards so....UP YOURS !!!

My deepest feeling about politicians is that they are dangerous lunatics to be avoided when possible and carefully humored; people, above all, to whom one must never tell the truth. (W. H. Auden)
 Post Number: 73
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 07 2011,9:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

According to the link below FNC claimed the top 13 spots in rankings and when you compare all the channels available to people for news FNC still comes out on top. Granted only a couple of shows actually qualify as news shows but still the top 13 are all FNC.

That’s a very interesting point. I wasn’t aware that ratings equals quality. But now that I know that I’m gonna reassess my feelings about the show Three’s Company. But you know that the two are not related. I’m suggesting not that it’s not popular or powerful, so is crack.

Jon Stewart

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 74
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 07 2011,11:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(OEF_Soldier @ Apr. 07 2011,9:44 pm)
You can't really be serious and agree that having the government in total control over your Television and Radio is a good thing. How do you think Goebbels and Hitler were able to spread their propaganda so well Expat? They took over total control of the airwaves and silenced all dissension.

We as citizens have the right to free speech but should journalists have a constitution protected right to speech, does that give them the right to misrepresent distort the news, a free pass for legal lying...It's not just Fox, but they're by far the worst of all the networks, Journalism has been dead for some time in this Country, the networks are spoon fed propaganda from the US government and the Israel Lobby...a handful of moguls control the American media, We are simply being brainwashed with propaganda...It's very much the situation that George Orwell describes in 1984.

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
 Post Number: 75
irisheyes Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 08 2011,1:47 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Glad I Left @ Apr. 06 2011,1:48 pm)
Personally I've started watching Maddow now that Olbermann is not on. I think her and Glenn Beck would make an awesome duo.  Polar opposites colliding on the same set.  These two couldn't get much further apart I don't think.

Yeah, I'm happy to see shows like Crossfire or the McLaughlin group where we get a round table of conservatives and liberals.  Anytime we just get our information from far right or far left pundits without hearing the other side we're doomed for ignorance.

--------------
You know it's going to be a bad day when you cross thread the cap on the toothpaste.
 Post Number: 76
Stone-Magnon Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 08 2011,2:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

^And that comment brings this thread full circle because ignorance is what all this thread title is about.

--------------
...everybody must get stoned

-Bob Dylan
 Post Number: 77
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 08 2011,8:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And the king of ignorance spouts off again (dull)  Go back to being Saggin' Pants Sybil.

Yeah, I'm happy to see shows like Crossfire or the McLaughlin group where we get a round table of conservatives and liberals.  Anytime we just get our information from far right or far left pundits without hearing the other side we're doomed for ignorance.

Excellent point IE, and I agree.

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 78
OEF_Soldier Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 08 2011,9:33 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Liberal @ Apr. 07 2011,9:59 pm)

That’s a very interesting point. I wasn’t aware that ratings equals quality.
Jon Stewart

I did add in a disclaimer there Lib.
Granted only a couple of shows actually qualify as news shows but still the top 13 are all FNC.

Ratings don't equal equality but as I said before with the 24 hour news channels and other means of getting your daily news the fact that people are watching FNC and putting 13 of it's shows ahead of all others from ANY other network is rather mind boggling. I watch FNC's morning show if I watch it at all and most times if I am watching any TV news it is BBCA.

Expat they should have the same rights to free speech as a regular citizen does. There are liable laws in place to prevent blatant ignorance on the part of reporters no matter what channel they are affiliated with. It is impossible to not put into a news cast a persons personal political leaning or beliefs. It's not always done overtly but we are human beings so if we want to remove that aspect then just get rid of the humans behind the news desk and replace them with something more mechanical.

Journalism has been dead for some time in this Country, the networks are spoon fed propaganda from the US government and the Israel Lobby...a handful of moguls control the American media, We are simply being brainwashed with propaganda...It's very much the situation that George Orwell describes in 1984.

The only change I would make is I would put HONEST in front of this but otherwise I don't disagree with this at all Expat.

I.E. excellent point. I wish more "news" channels would do this and do it in an honest and open environment so nobody could truly claim bias against one side or the other.

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
I've upped my standards so....UP YOURS !!!

My deepest feeling about politicians is that they are dangerous lunatics to be avoided when possible and carefully humored; people, above all, to whom one must never tell the truth. (W. H. Auden)
 Post Number: 79
Common Citizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2011,10:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Dan Rather and Walter Cronkite come to mind...for the past 30 years...prior to the fnc era... :rockon:

never mind that...right Lib? :rofl:

sheesh I'm dating myself... :blush:
 Post Number: 80
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 13 2011,12:07 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's funny how you kooks continue to claim fox has the most viewers when the liberal networks blow them out of the water every night. Isn't NBC, CBS, and ABC liberal news? And do they not get way more viewers every night?

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
80 replies since Mar. 02 2011,9:32 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 8 of 9<<456789>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Fox Dominates (Again),
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon