Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 6 of 11<<2345678910>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Commissioner Elections, who will replace the "Troubled Trio"?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 51
Tassie Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 02 2004,7:41 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm just curious Maddog, didn't  we elect these commissioners to make decisions for us? I guess the only time I have ever had a vote to spend money was for school bonding in the other ares that I have lived. Do other counties or parishes in the US vote to ok major expenditures? If so, what is the need for representation? Why even have elections and then pay people to represent us?
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 52
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 02 2004,8:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's done both ways, but, that's not the point. Springborg ran on a platform of letting the citizens decide the courthouse issue and then once he was elected he changed his mind and denied the public the right to vote on it.

Fool me once.....

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 53
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2004,8:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Tassie, I'm not sure just what your question is, but I'll answer you how I take your post.

Yes, we have elected the county commissioners to make decisions for us, as we have the school board, and the city council.  They are elected to run the day to day operations of our city/county and control the budgets, etc.

BUT, don't you think that the biggest expenditure in the history of the county should have allowed the people to have a say in it?  With interest, over $40,000,000 taxed against the people of Freeborn County over the next 25 years, with no chance to get a lower interest rate for 12 years.

To be told, when asked why lease revenue bonding instead of general obligation bonds at a much lower rate (which would have required a vote, I was told by one elected commissioner and an appointed official (who remains nameless  :p ) it would have never passed.)  You tell me, was this fair to the county citizens, the way it was done?

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 54

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2004,8:49 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maddog, sounds as if you are running for one of the commisioners spots. Nothing is going to change the fact that we now have a new courthouse and $40,000,000.00 to pay....... Personally I think we should follow Arizona's example and keep our prisoners in tents for their sentences. Sure would help with overcrowding. Bet it would eliminate the repeat offenders.......Wouldn't need a new jail...
 Post Number: 55
shaker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2004,9:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maddog, sounds like you are running for commisioner---No Tassie. sounds to Me like Maddog is just talking common sense, when it comes to the biggest tax expenditure in the county the people that have to foot the bill should have a say in the matter, It was very well known that this was not going to pass if the voters had their say(and ritefully so), the comm. did a end run around the public, and in doing so cost us a lot of extra money with the lease revnue bonds. One comm. that was running for election said that He would not be in favor of this new court house, after elected He changed his mind (Springborg) and voted to exclude the taxpayers from voteing on this issue.  Like Liberal says---fool Me once--
 Post Number: 56

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2004,9:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maddog, sounds as if you are running for one of the commisioners spots.
 No, Tassie, I'm not running for commissioner, but I have been a driving force to inspire others to run for the three openings.  I also will be wirking hard campaigning for all of them, in my district (Springborg's) and out of my district.  
Maddog, sounds as if you are running for one of the commisioners spots.
 That is correct, but that doesn't mean the people of Freeborn County can vote these three out for giving us the $40,000,000 bill.  :angry:

Edited by MADDOG on Jul. 03 2004,9:41 am

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 57

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2004,10:05 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Maddog, I wish you well, just remember that "all" the residents of Freeborn county need to be represented, not just a certain few. Hopefully we shall elect that type of person.....Everyone who runs for office has some sort of personal agenda. Perhaps we will elect one whose own feelings will take a backseat for the good of many?? :D
 Post Number: 58

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2004,10:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Everyone who runs for office has some sort of personal agenda. Perhaps we will elect one whose own feelings will take a backseat for the good of many??

I certainly hope so, too.  I feel we have some good candidates, and diversified in their expertises, also.

Tassie, in whose district do you live in?

--------------
 Post Number: 59
shaker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 03 2004,11:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I most certainly hope that whoever that we elect will tell us the truth when He or She runs for this office, not be like Springborg and say one thing and then do another, I have no trouble with a difference of opinion, every one has theirs and that is fine, Just don't LIE TO ME!!!!!! I WON'T FORGET.
 Post Number: 60

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 04 2004,1:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Here's  a little tickle.  In the third discrict, there are two people running against Springborg.  One frives a gravel truck ans farms and the other is in, many businesses, including real estate, and is a neighbor of mine and Springborg's.

Edited by MADDOG on Jul. 06 2004,12:35 pm

--------------
104 replies since Apr. 01 2004,2:34 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 6 of 11<<2345678910>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Commissioner Elections
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon