Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 5 of 11<<123456789>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Commissioner Elections, who will replace the "Troubled Trio"?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 41
Hanna Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2004,9:49 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I agree with RepDan. Public meetings should be held in the public, however private citizens should be able to meet however they see fit. Many nights I sit at my kitchen table with friends or relatives and discuss politics. I don't see this as being any different. Am I doing the public wrong by not disclosing that I'm having guests to my house to discuss any issues? I don't think so. It's all about opinion, brainstorming, and sharing ideas and views. If and when one of my friends, relatives, or myself decide to run for a public office, everyone will know. Until then, there are things to consider that don't necessarily require public scrutiny.

(Just to eliminate confusion, the meetings that Maddog is referring to is not the get-togethers I have in my home.)
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 42
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2004,12:45 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Well, things are definitely falling into place.  Now we have one candidate that is going to run against Mathiason and one to run against Behrends.  Still waiting to hear if we've fielded at least one person to run in each district.  We hope that very soon we can reveal the names of these people.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 43
hoosier Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 20 2004,7:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hanna, again, if you are talking about me, read my posts again. No where did I say that you shouldnt be able to have meetings at your house. Read the posts, dont go by what others have said about the posts.

--------------
The power of accurate obsvervation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw

The devil begins with froth on the lips of an angel entering into battle for a holy and just cause.  Grigory Pomerants

We have crossed the boundary that lies between Republic and Empire.  Garet Garrett
 Post Number: 44

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2004,3:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I received a phone call from one more candidate.  He's gunho to run, and knows local politics.

There is a meeting again tomorrow morning if anyone is interested in attending, PM me yet today.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 45
minnow Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 28 2004,3:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

We need more people like Dan Belshan with just some simple common sense. Someone who'll tow the line on wasteful spending.

The trouble is, is that once people get in, they become drunk with power like Springborg did. The rush of power from spending the publics money is just to great.

Hoosier, before you sing the praises of Repdan, you should know that he's also truth. If you'd vote for Truth, go ahead and support Dan. I've asked around for opinions of Dan Dorfman and have met people who even went to high school with him. An interesting thing happened. Three seperate people used the same word to describe him which hardly ever happens. The word was "twit". Need more be said?
 Post Number: 46
repdan Search for posts by this member.
justdan

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 08 2004,12:18 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I thought I was a bad speller.  Dorman.  Not sure I would draw to much from 3 people in the class of 81 who would use the word Twit.  Don't recall it being used often, who knows.  Good thing more than 3 people showed up at the polls.

--------------
carpe ductem.....remember we're all in this together..I'm pull'n for you.
 Post Number: 47

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 02 2004,3:36 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm happy to say that all people (5) contacted to run for office have said yes.  Filing dates are from July 6th at 8:00 a.m. to July 20th at 5:00 p.m.  Filing fees are $50.00.  They will be coming forward very shortly.  I have permission to name several of them, however, I'm choosing until after filing to announce them.

--------------
 Post Number: 48
Tassie Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 02 2004,4:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

One sure way to understand the limitations of a public office is to get elected to one. They will find out that a lot of laws govern what they can or cannot do. Promises made before election are very hard to keep after election. Running for a public office is the easiest part, doing the job and trying to keep everyone happy is the hard part. Some people cannot be pleased no matter what you do, this is what moves people to leave office..........
 Post Number: 49
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 02 2004,4:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Promises made before election are very hard to keep after election.

You mean like Springborgs promise to let the people decide the courthouse issue?

When people see that goofball in the parade on saturday I hope they let him know how they feel about the promises he made last election. Maybe even let him know that anyone can make a promise, but, it takes a person with integrity to keep that promise.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 50

PostIcon Posted on: Jul. 02 2004,5:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

We know they will make mistakes, everyone does.  
They will find out that a lot of laws govern what they can or cannot do.
 They will be given a lot of information from Dennis Distad.  Items like employee handbook, laws governing open meeting laws, and much, much more.  They will also have a lot of assistance from knowledgable people that know many of the laws that govern them.  I have already given the candidates much information.  Also, one of them will graduate with a B.S. in p0olitical science this November.

When people see that goofball in the parade on saturday I hope they let him know how they feel about the promises he made last election.
 I wonder how Springborg will pay for that new motorcycle he just bought when his income drops $20,000 next year.  :D

--------------
104 replies since Apr. 01 2004,2:34 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 5 of 11<<123456789>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Commissioner Elections
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon