Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 4 of 11<<12345678>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Commissioner Elections, who will replace the "Troubled Trio"?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 31
kid dyn-o-mite Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2004,12:08 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

You still don't get it, do you?

--------------
This message has been approved by me, Kid Dyn-o-mite.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 32
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2004,10:34 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Hoosier, although I can see your point to some degree, I think it is more a problem with the way it was said then with what was actually going on.

When our people got together over a year ago to try and do something about Rule 19, The Tribune and the county board we didn't tell everyone who made up that group.  So why is this different? Nobody in our group was hiding or being a power player behind the scene. It just didn't serve a purpose to publish the names of a loose knit group that was working towards the same goal.

You need to think about being so aggressive towards possible candidates unless you want to do more damage than good by scaring good people away from running.  Because we're all in this mess together and we don't need people on our side fighting with each other and demanding to know who was at any meeting where the only thing discussed was possible candidates to replace the 3 morons.

Besides Hoosier you knew about the meeting ahead of time just like I did and you chose not to go.  If the names are so important to you then attend the next meeting. But, let's not destroy a good thing and give up a great chance to take back our local government because you have a small disagreement with the procedure that was used.

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 33
The Advocate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2004,5:49 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

There are two sides to this story,  like all others.  Hoosier is understandably upset about secret meetings with potential candidates related to several of the current commissioners being manipulated by  County Administrator, Gabrielson. He definitely has a  polarizing effect on people and he has 4 commissioners that have been  magnitized toward him.  Disheartening as this is, it is in fact, an exception.  I, like Hoosier, want independent thinking individuals to lead our community.  However, having said that it seems that to organize is not a bad thing and if it takes some meetings and communication to come to a place where good candidates can come forward, that is a good thing.  I personally feel that any candidates need to monitor the pulse of his/her constituents as in fact, this is grassroots politics and it can be realistically achieved.  So I will look for the candidate similar to Belshan who can lead even in diversity.  It is obvious that Belshans constituents love him (evidenced by his landslide election) and he will fight to the end for them.  I have to respect that.
 Post Number: 34
MADDOG Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2004,6:30 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

At the present time, all we have done is discuss issues and greivances.  Some names were brought out to invite to the next meeting.  I've been the one to contact them and invite them to come.  Once again, if anyone is interested in the meeting this week, PM me.

Hoosier, you know or know of probably all but one person at our last get together, and a couple of people I have invited to the next one, you know most of them too.

hoosier
If all you want is politicians like we have now, that are led around by the nose by people we never see or hear about, then go along with Maddogs and Jims choices.
 That's the kind of candidates we don't want, and you know it.  
Maddog, remember the day when Tony Trow was trying to get to you? You asked me what I knew of him, I told you not to get involved with him.
 I remember it well, and I still respect your opinion and won't be afraid to ask for it again.  The Advocate

However, having said that it seems that to organize is not a bad thing and if it takes some meetings and communication to come to a place where good candidates can come forward, that is a good thing.
 Thank you, and you know that if we do find any candidates to think of running, of course they will come forward.  The whole idea behind this was to simply "brainstorm" ideas, throw out potential names, approach them, and let them know that no matter what district they are in, we will support them.

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 35
rosebudinal Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2004,8:23 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Advocate, finally we agree on something. I feel very lucky to be in Dan's district and we need more like him on the county board.
 Post Number: 36
repdan Search for posts by this member.
justdan

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 14 2004,10:24 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Kid, to whom was your comment directed?

--------------
carpe ductem.....remember we're all in this together..I'm pull'n for you.
 Post Number: 37
hoosier Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2004,8:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Again, I agree with all the last few posts on this subject. I totally agree with what Maddog is doing. Maybe I havent been clear. And dont forget, this is just my opinion, nothing more.
My problem is with the people that are not known to all. Sorry, but I just have more respect for someone who understands that there is a price to pay for getting involved and speaking your mind, but they do it anyway. And there is a price to pay.
Take Repdan for example, I probably disagree with him 50 percent of the time or more. But, I respect the hell out of him. Why? Because he puts his @ss and his professional life on the line for what he believes in. You think he doesnt pay a price?
Anyway, thats all Im saying, I got no respect for people that dont want to be known, or want to be in the game, but arent willing to pay the price. But are more than willing to stand by and watch others pay the price.

By the way, I know it looks like I have been on Maddogs @ss a lot here lately with these posts. That is not my intent Maddog, just giving my opinion, good or bad, lol. But Maddog works is butt off on issues like this, if it werent for him, we wouldnt get a lot of the info we get on this forum. My bet is he works harder for the people that read this forum than most elected officials do for the people.
Remember Maddog, I dont want to ruin this for you guys, my advice is this, then I will shut up about it, LOL.
Just make sure you are more open, and honest than the other guy is(county board). Like I said and others have pointed out, there isnt anything wrong or illegal about these people not being known. But my point all along is that as a person running for office you could look at the guy setting in office and say hey, we werent even required by law to be open about the meetings we have had, and we were still more open than the county board is.
Do it better, even if the law says you dont have to.  :D

--------------
The power of accurate obsvervation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

George Bernard Shaw

The devil begins with froth on the lips of an angel entering into battle for a holy and just cause.  Grigory Pomerants

We have crossed the boundary that lies between Republic and Empire.  Garet Garrett
 Post Number: 38

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 16 2004,10:41 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Thanks, hoosier for your support.  Support is exactly what any candidate that decides to run will need.

We did indeed meet again yesterday morning.  There were a couple of more people this time, including another member of this forum.  We would like to think we may have accomplished more this time than the last as we stayed more focused this time.  We may now have at least one candidate for each of the districts now.  These people who may be willing to run have to make that decision themselves now.  I hope that the person whom I invited to the meeting and is in my (Springborg's) district will choose to run.  A lot of time wil be involved both in campaigning and running the office properly, and that is probably his biggest concern.  That if he does run, he wants it to be done properly and above board and work for the people.  A couple of other people will be contacted this week, one of which has showed some desire, and another willing to run if Mathiason runs unopposed.  We will also be contacting one person in Behrends district this week.  It has to be their decision on when to publicly announce their intent.  

Finding a person of good morals that has both the energy and the time it takes to work for his constituants is actually harder than one would think.  In addition, this person has to be able to attend morning meetings.  At least until the new board can make changes and possibly start having evening meetings again.

In closing, we ask for all your support and any guidance any of you would care to give.  Hopefully, very soon, we will have several candidates step forward and let it be known that they are going to run for office.  That's when our work to run these ba$tards down the road starts!

--------------
Actually my wife is especially happy when my google check arrives each month. Thanks to douchbags like you, I get paid just for getting you worked up.  -Liberal
 Post Number: 39

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2004,9:12 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I received a call last night.  We now officially have one candidate that will run against Mathison.  No word from the rest of the field yet.

--------------
 Post Number: 40
Madd Max Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 19 2004,9:36 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I hope someome steps up soon to take on Springborg.

--------------
Heck, if crazy were a pre-existing condition, the GOP wouldn't be able to get insurance. James Carville
104 replies since Apr. 01 2004,2:34 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 4 of 11<<12345678>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Commissioner Elections
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon