Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Alabama in concert, free enterprise at it's best< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
Lil Pimp Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 25 2003,12:28 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I know I am getting older and I will profess to not be a big country music fan but this just amazes me.
Alabama is going to play in Mankato in May, tickets just went on sale Saturday.  Ticket prices ranges from $30-$1000 (yes, that is $1000!).
The amazing thing is, the $1000 tickets sold out 2 days after they went on sale.  There are still some $50 & $150 tickets but who pays $1000 to see Alabama play in Mankato?

Follow this very rough math:
Assuming a sell out (which it definatly will by May)
100 tickets @ $1000ea = $100,000
1000 tickets @ $150ea = $150,000
2000 tickets @ $50ea = $100,000
4900 tickets @ $30ea = $147,000
Total 8000 seats sold = $497,000

Not bad for working 2 1/2 hours?!?!  God bless America.

I think I have seen it all now... :laugh:
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
GEOKARJO Search for posts by this member.
Google This!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 25 2003,10:53 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

An Alabama Show is more than 4 guys throwing some guitars and amps in the back of the truck and driving into Mankato for a 2 and half hour show.

It takes 2 tractor trailers one for the equipment one for the merchandise. ( tee shirts, Posters, CDs, Hats etc. )

Three Buses for the crew to live on that are really nice inside.

And one airplane that the band flies in one hour before the show.

You have 5 drivers
One Road Manager
One Stage Manager
One Sound Manager
One Merchandise Manager
Two Stage Hands
Three Lighting Operators
One Equipment Manger

The guys behind the scenes who never get any glory other than some pretty nice paychecks for their tireless efforts.

I grew up with Jim Mayo who is John Michael Montgomery's
Songwriter and Business Manager I have sat on John's Bus and back stage several times seen those guys in action.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
Lil Pimp Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 25 2003,11:17 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

True GEO, I didn't mean to imply that the band is walking away with a half million dollars pure profit in their pockets at the end of the show.  What really surprises me is the $1000 a ticket market but I guess it is what the market will bear.     :D
 Post Number: 4
just looking Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Nov. 26 2003,12:46 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Wasn't Alabama here at the Freeborn County Fair 20-25 years ago..... Just think people would now pay $1000 a ticket to see them and many of us got to see them for what $5.  I guess that makes the Freeborn County Fair a darn good value.
 Post Number: 5
Frustrated
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 02 2003,2:33 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

And how many of ya'll declined to pay even $5 to see them  :D

Post Number: 6
stickybooger
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 02 2003,2:59 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

people in albert lea would rather watch a meat packing plant burn down for free then pay 5 bucks for real entertainment.

Post Number: 7
hat in the cat
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 02 2003,3:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Since when is watching a bunch of washed-up drooling hillbillies been considered real entertainment?  If you are comparing Alabama to the plant burning to the ground, I would say the fire was more entertaining.  Only thing that would have made it better would have been to see the country band burn in the plant fire as well!  :laugh:

Post Number: 8
cletus lea
Unregistered

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 02 2003,4:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Quote (Guest @ Dec. 02 2003,3:52:pm)
Since when is watching a bunch of washed-up drooling hillbillies been considered real entertainment?  If you are comparing Alabama to the plant burning to the ground, I would say the fire was more entertaining.  Only thing that would have made it better would have been to see the country band burn in the plant fire as well!  :laugh:

since when would anyone from albert lea even know what real entertainment is.  actually I would think watching drooling hillbillies would not only be common but pass for entertainment in albert lea!  :laugh:

Post Number: 9
GEOKARJO Search for posts by this member.
Google This!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Dec. 02 2003,6:52 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

YO washed up rich hillbillies.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
8 replies since Nov. 25 2003,12:28 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Alabama in concert
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon