Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: StarTribune Op/Ed About Haiti and Satan's work, Pat Robertson< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
nphilbro Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 18 2010,11:20 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Fans of Lily Coyle's Response to Pat Robertson's Comments on HaitiCategory:
Lily Coyle sent a letter on 1/15/2010 to the editor of the Minneapolis/St/ Paul Star Tribune responding to televangelist Pat Robertson's ridiculous commentary on why Haiti is impoverished and has now been struck with a catastrophic earthquake.

Her Letter:

Dear Pat Robertson, I know that you know that all press is good press, so I appreciate the shout-out. And you make God look like a big mean bully who kicks people when they are down, so I'm all over that action. But when you say that Haiti has made a pact with me, it is totally humiliating. I may be evil incarnate, but I'm no welcher. The way you put it, making a deal with me leaves folks desperate and impoverished. Sure, in the afterlife, but when I strike bargains with people, they first get something here on earth -- glamour, beauty, talent, wealth, fame, glory, a golden fiddle. Those Haitians have nothing, and I mean nothing. And that was before the earthquake. Haven't you seen "Crossroads"? Or "Damn Yankees"? If I had a thing going with Haiti, there'd be lots of banks, skyscrapers, SUVs, exclusive night clubs, Botox -- that kind of thing. An 80 percent poverty rate is so not my style. Nothing against it -- I'm just saying: Not how I roll. You're doing great work, Pat, and I don't want to clip your wings -- just, come on, you're making me look bad. And not the good kind of bad. Keep blaming God. That's working. But leave me out of it, please. Or we may need to renegotiate your own contract.
Best, Satan

LILY COYLE, MINNEAPOLIS

Comment? I leave that to the breeze to break this.

--------------
Merely to try is to prepare for failure.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 18 2010,11:38 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why do y'all care what ol Pat says? :dunno:

I will go one step further, to bad that Haiti's half of the island didn't slide off in to the ocean and cease to exist.  
Just like an over grown forest, sometimes a fire is needed to start things anew.

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 18 2010,11:48 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Does the Earthquake affect me? No.
Did I know any of the 100,000+ victims? No.
Does it matter? That's up to each of us to decide on our own.

--------------
 Post Number: 4
gljoefan Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2010,12:30 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

They care because they are tolerant of all opinions that match theirs.  I don't care for Pat Robertson, but I don't feel the need to ridicule him for his beliefs either.
 Post Number: 5

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2010,12:42 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

GD wanted Haiti to completely disappear!
Pat said it was Haiti's fault for being sinners.

There were many thousands of volunteer aid workers in Haiti- most from Christian relief organizations - Worldvision,  of whom I know many people personally was there too. They have all had casualties of the quake.

I guess Grinning Dragon wants all of them to go into the drink too.

Maybe that's the real divide. Compassion is only monetary and based on the return.

--------------
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2010,1:01 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

By the way GD, you've made claims about being from NOLA - I assume you mean New Orleans (from your Vikings post). Didn't you guys get your ass[s kicked by a girl - Katrina?

Bangladesh sent sand bags to New Orleans. Hubris is the killer of great men.

--------------
 Post Number: 7
Grinning_Dragon Search for posts by this member.
rideo draconigena

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2010,6:09 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Re-Read what I said.  I was just trying to prove a point one in which you got all indignant over just like the one Pat made.  Jeez lighten up already.

And We were not here for Katrina

--------------
*SIC SEMPER TYRANNIS / MOLON LABE / Se Defendendo
memoria of cado frater ,Semper fidelis
*The object of war is NOT to DIE for YOUR Country, but to make the OTHER BASTARD DIE for HIS...Patton
My Constitutional Rights trump your dead.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 8
Counterfeit Fake Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2010,9:20 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

If you consider yourself a Christian, you should care what Pat said.  If no one speaks out against what he said, he will be seen as speaking for ALL Christians.  Just as many see all muslims as evil because not enough of them are seen to speak out against what the extremists do and say.
Do you really want Pat to be seen as your spokesman?  I know I don't.
Interesting that people cry intolerance over complaints about his statement when practically everything he says is intolerance for anyone who doesn't believe exactly what he does.  Jew, Presbyterian, Catholic, Episcopalian, Methodist?  You are the spirit of the Anti-Christ according to him.  Funny how many people hang on his every word and spout his praises when they are often the very people he hates.  Makes as much sense as blacks or Catholics (pre-1974) extolling the virtues of the KKK.

--------------
No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.

--  Eleanor Roosevelt
 Post Number: 9
This is my real name Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2010,9:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Counterfeit Fake @ Jan. 19 2010,9:20 am)
If you consider yourself a Christian, you should care what Pat said.  If no one speaks out against what he said, he will be seen as speaking for ALL Christians.  Just as many see all muslims as evil because not enough of them are seen to speak out against what the extremists do and say.
Do you really want Pat to be seen as your spokesman?  I know I don't.
Interesting that people cry intolerance over complaints about his statement when practically everything he says is intolerance for anyone who doesn't believe exactly what he does.  Jew, Presbyterian, Catholic, Episcopalian, Methodist?  You are the spirit of the Anti-Christ according to him.  Funny how many people hang on his every word and spout his praises when they are often the very people he hates.  Makes as much sense as blacks or Catholics (pre-1974) extolling the virtues of the KKK.

Well put, and I will step up to the plate here. I am a Christian, and although I believe that sometimes God metes out judgment, either for punishment or as a means to call us back to him - I also believe we should show mercy, as he has shown us mercy.

Pat Robertson missed the boat on this one. The same God who has shown him mercy and who loves him loves the Haitians as well. Letting them suffer and die without helping him mocks the very God he claims to serve.

--------------
PEZ the only candy you eat after your favorite fictional character spits it out of their tracheotomy hole.
 Post Number: 10
the breeze Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jan. 19 2010,3:06 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

MAJOR LOA
LEGBA             "  maybe this guy caused the quake. "
Legba is one of the most important loa in Haitian Voodoo. He is the first called in a service, so that he can open the gates to the spirit world, enabling communication with other loa. No loa dares show itself without Legba's permission. He controls the crossing over from one world to the other. Legba is also known to hold the key of the spiritual world, and for this reason is identified with the Christian St. Peter.

He is a small crooked lovable old man who uses a small pipe with little tobacco, and carries bits of food in his macoute sack. He has sores on his body and when he mounts someone the person's limbs are twisted and horrible to see.

--------------
JESUS DID THE ORGANIZING for His church and whenever men go beyond that pattern (found only in the New Testament of Jesus Christ) they do so at their own peril. One needs to only read the New Testament to see the problem that has been created over the last two centuries within the churches.
19 replies since Jan. 18 2010,11:20 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply StarTribune Op/Ed About Haiti and Satan's work
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon