Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: Who uses this forum?, You from Albert Lea? Whats your age?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
darik Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2008,5:02 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I would like to know a little about who everyone is on this forum! General info about yourself like male/female, age, and/or hobbies.

Please post  "it appears noone is interacting"
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
Ole1kanobe Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2008,11:22 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

it appears noone is interacting

--------------
The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
-Albert Einstein-

Some of what is said here (myself included) is about as tolerable as listening to someone vacuum a cat.
-nphilbro-
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 3
FlyguyAL Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2008,12:26 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

it appears noone is interacting
 Post Number: 4
jimhanson Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2008,1:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Some of the information you seek can be found just by clicking on the name in Topic Starter or Last Action--or by searching the member profile in Members. Gender, name, E-mail address, location, birthday--anything the poster wishes to share with you.

One of the things that makes this Forum popular is its anonymity--people can state opinions or ask questions.

I see you decided to use your real name--as I did.  There is no "right" or "wrong" to that--but just realize that some people will "flame" you and there may be repercussions.  If you're OK with that, hats off to you.  I don't know whether I would do it again.

Some people with a "nom de plume" (more accurately, "nom de electron" ! :laugh:  have publicly divulged who they are.

Since I'm "out" anyway--I'm 61--live in rural Clarks Grove, and a pilot.  I also write articles for aviation magazines.  I enjoy flying, writing, adventure travel, and taunting liberals. :D  :sarcasm:

Posting on the Forum is a good way to keep up with local and national current events--researching the internet to refute outrageous liberal claims. :D  :sarcasm:

For the MOST part--it's all in good fun.  As my signature line below says--we aren't really going to change anybody's mind.

--------------
"If you want to anger a Conservative, tell him a lie.  If you want to anger a LIBERAL, tell him the TRUTH!"
 Post Number: 5
ICU812 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2008,3:18 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hey, it beats yelling at the television set!)

Shoulda heard me yelling at it when Chuck Gibson reported that the floods in Iowa happened because of global warming. :rofl: The Lake Detective proved that WRONG on Garage Logic Friday. They are the fault of man, just not how Al Gore believes.

On the topic.

Some know me some don't, anyone I have ever talked to in public that mentions albertlea.com I will tell them who I am, only been punched once. :sarcasm:  My main rant pertains to wasteful gov. spending. Hell I've made so many posts that I don't know what I up to.

I live out Jim's way in a suburb of AL. :D 35 this summer one daughter and a wife of 6 years. Laid back. like beer, guns, hunting, (neck only has a tinge of red)Waylon, Led Z., Pink Floyd, Garage Logic, KQ Morning show . All in all we have a good time. Heading to a party now......
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 21 2008,4:14 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(jimhanson @ Jun. 21 2008,1:11 pm)
Some of the information you seek can be found just by clicking on the name in Topic Starter or Last Action--or by searching the member profile in Members. Gender, name, E-mail address, location, birthday--anything the poster wishes to share with you.

One of the things that makes this Forum popular is its anonymity--people can state opinions or ask questions.

I see you decided to use your real name--as I did.  There is no "right" or "wrong" to that--but just realize that some people will "flame" you and there may be repercussions.  If you're OK with that, hats off to you.  I don't know whether I would do it again.

Some people with a "nom de plume" (more accurately, "nom de electron" ! :laugh:  have publicly divulged who they are.

Since I'm "out" anyway--I'm 61--live in rural Clarks Grove, and a pilot.  I also write articles for aviation magazines.  I enjoy flying, writing, adventure travel, and taunting liberals. :D  :sarcasm:

Posting on the Forum is a good way to keep up with local and national current events--researching the internet to refute outrageous liberal claims. :D  :sarcasm:

For the MOST part--it's all in good fun.  As my signature line below says--we aren't really going to change anybody's mind.

Thanks Jim, yea I just wanted to see who all is out there and get to know more people by true chat and not just researching their profile. I have lived in AL for 21 years and there are so many people that I still do not know. Seems like the town is to big. I guess I set a goal for myself to know as many people as I possibly can. I plan on staying here the rest of my life so figuring out ways to get people to interact with eachother and become a huge community online.

I am 22 years old and finished college here in AL at RCC.  I played football throughout highschool. I got into computers at age 15 and have been on them since. Its my job, hobbie, and resource. I went and got my WebMasters Diploma and my Microsoft Systems Engineering Certificate. I feel I can teach even thing else myself and shouldnt have to pay to goto school again but who knows. I am slowly starting my own business in town not only to make money but to get to know more people within albert lea and surrounding area's. I have met some real cool people last couple weeks and hope to continue doing so.

I know it isnt always smart to give out my information to everyone but I have nothing really to hide and keep secret. I guess if someone uses information to make me look bad, then so be it. I am here to get to know people and make tons of friends.

Thank you for sharing information of who you are and helps better understand who is behind all this text.
 Post Number: 7
Common Citizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 22 2008,10:11 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Darik, (I like how your name is spelled - different)

The best advice that I would give a new business owner is to join as many groups and association as your time will allow.  Get involved, don't just be a member to be a member.

Joining the Chamber and the Ambassador's will help you meet a lot of people with different business backgrounds.

Join a service group like the Lions, Kiwanis, Mason's, etc...

I belong to a few groups and love listening and meeting the people that are decades older than me.  I love to hear and learn what they've experienced during their life.  In addition, I've made some really great friends.

Or you can simply just volunteer your time because their are a ton of groups out there looking for help.

Decide what interests you most and chances are there is a local group with the same interests.

I am one of those anonymous types on the forum.  Because of my business I prefer not divulge to much personal  information.  I am a known conservative here and statistically that would mean half of my customer base is liberal, and I would rather not like to tick off the half of my customers.

I'm surprised I have a lot in common with ICU other than the mustache thin and would like to add I drive a 4x4 gas guzzling truck (no rifle rack)... :D

Mid - late 30's
married w/kid's
play softball once a week
rural freeborn county acreage
business owner for 12 years
life long resident of the county
"work hard and play hard"
 Post Number: 8
hairhertz Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 22 2008,11:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

old & retired
lots of kids & grandkids
former long time resident, now living 200+ miles away
sold my last piece of AL property recently
still have family living in AL area
Norwegian/German/Native American/Mexican/Irish/Heinz
tired of PC crowd
old & retired

--------------
metis movement
 Post Number: 9

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2008,11:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Common Citizen @ Jun. 22 2008,10:11 am)
Darik, (I like how your name is spelled - different)

The best advice that I would give a new business owner is to join as many groups and association as your time will allow.  Get involved, don't just be a member to be a member.

Joining the Chamber and the Ambassador's will help you meet a lot of people with different business backgrounds.

Join a service group like the Lions, Kiwanis, Mason's, etc...

I belong to a few groups and love listening and meeting the people that are decades older than me.  I love to hear and learn what they've experienced during their life.  In addition, I've made some really great friends.

Or you can simply just volunteer your time because their are a ton of groups out there looking for help.

Decide what interests you most and chances are there is a local group with the same interests.

I am one of those anonymous types on the forum.  Because of my business I prefer not divulge to much personal  information.  I am a known conservative here and statistically that would mean half of my customer base is liberal, and I would rather not like to tick off the half of my customers.

I'm surprised I have a lot in common with ICU other than the mustache thin and would like to add I drive a 4x4 gas guzzling truck (no rifle rack)... :D

Mid - late 30's
married w/kid's
play softball once a week
rural freeborn county acreage
business owner for 12 years
life long resident of the county
"work hard and play hard"

Thanks for the information you have giving me. Sounds like a great start I can be doing soon. I thought about the chamber somewhat and wasnt sure if it was worth it or not, but sounds like it is well worth the money and time to go out and meet some people.  :grouphug:  

Today it was weird, I thought someone called me around 11:00 am or so from the freeborn county shopper and my phone died. The number was unlisted so not able to give them a call back, so if anyone called, please do again. It is charging right now."I just woke up"  I must have been really tired.
 Post Number: 10

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2008,11:38 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

(hairhertz @ Jun. 22 2008,11:53 pm)
old & retired
lots of kids & grandkids
former long time resident, now living 200+ miles away
sold my last piece of AL property recently
still have family living in AL area
Norwegian/German/Native American/Mexican/Irish/Heinz
tired of PC crowd
old & retired

Hey geat, good to hear from input from people that dont even live in AL anymore!
17 replies since Jun. 21 2008,5:02 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply Who uses this forum?
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon