>Guest

Page 1 of 212>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: George Carlin has died, 1937 - 2008< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 1
n0esc Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2008,1:32 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture hero famed for his routines about drugs and dirty words, died of heart failure at a Los Angeles-area hospital on Sunday, a spokesman said. He was 71.

Carlin, who had a history of heart problems, died at St. John's Health Center in Santa Monica about 6 p.m. PDT (9 p.m. EDT) after being admitted earlier in the afternoon for chest pains, spokesman Jeff Abraham told Reuters.

Known for his edgy, provocative material, Carlin achieved status as an anti-Establishment icon in the 1970s with stand-up bits full of drug references and a routine about seven dirty words you could not say on television. A regulatory battle over a radio broadcast of his "Filthy Words" routine ultimately reached the U.S. Supreme Court.

(Reporting by Dean Goodman; Editing by Patricia Zengerle)

--------------
Psst..! If you were to read 120 words per minute for 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, it would take you 3 years, 4 months, 26 days, 4 hours, 12 minutes, and 59.7 seconds to read all 50 titles of the US Code. Remember--ignorance is no excuse to the law. Pass it on...
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 2
fredbear Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2008,6:10 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

He was right at the top for me. Always funny. RIP.
 Post Number: 3
Whiskero Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2008,10:37 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Saw him in Las Vegas 15 years ago.  Excellent.
 Post Number: 4
Glad I Left Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2008,11:25 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

A great loss of one of the all time greats.
I (and I know my bro) could sit and listen to him and Sam Kinnison all day long.
I read his book Brain Droppings years ago.  It is awesome, written just how he does is stnad up routines.  Check it out sometime...

RIP Geroge!!!

--------------
After we screw up health care reform, let's take on the initiative of unscrewing the education system (gov't education)
Tacitus: (c. 56 AD-c. 117) "The more corrupt the state, the more it legislates."
 Post Number: 5
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2008,1:17 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

That's too bad I loved his jokes about words "Get on the Plane", "screw you, I'm gettin in the plane"

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 6
ICU812 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2008,1:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Had this sent to me this morning..

RIP

MY NEXT LIFE
By George Carlin

I want to live my next life backwards:
You start out dead and get that out of the way.
Then you wake up in a nursing home feeling better every day.
Then you get kicked out for being too healthy.
Enjoy your retirement and collect your pension.
Then when you start work, you get a gold watch on your first day
you work 40 years until you're too young to work.
You get ready ;for High School: drink alcohol, party, and you're generally promiscuous.
Then you go to primary school, you become a kid, you play, and you have no responsibilities.
Then you become a baby, and then...
You spend your last 9 months floating peacefully in
luxury, in Spa-like conditions - central heating, room service on tap, and then...
You finish off as an orgasm.
I rest my case.
 Post Number: 7
Replicant Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2008,2:19 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Liberal @ Jun. 23 2008,1:17 pm)
That's too bad I loved his jokes about words "Get on the Plane", "screw you, I'm gettin in the plane"

Probably from the same routine, I've always remembered the line 'would you REALLY want to take a non-stop flight?"

--------------
Some drink deeply from the river of knowledge.  Others only gargle. - Woody Allen

The problem is not that we have too many fools, it's that the lightning isn't distributed right. - Mark Twain.
 Post Number: 8
ICU812 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2008,2:25 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

(Replicant @ Jun. 23 2008,2:19 pm)

(Liberal @ Jun. 23 2008,1:17 pm)

Probably from the same routine, I've always remembered the line 'would you REALLY want to take a non-stop flight?"

About this time, someone is telling you to get on the plane. "Get on the plane. Get on the plane." I say, "##@! you, I'm getting IN the plane! IN the plane! Let Evil Knievel get ON the plane! I'll be in here with you folks in uniform! There seems to be less WIND in here!"

The full bit is hilarious, had forgot it till now. :rofl:  :rofl:
 Post Number: 9
cheeba Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2008,3:02 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

RIP to one of the funniest f**kers I ever heard.

From his most recent HBO special...  *WARNING contains vulgar language* (if you didn't know that already knowing George)

Post Number: 10
Expatriate Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Jun. 23 2008,3:31 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

I'm surprised to see the wingers here that will miss George..    "humanity is doomed"

Attached Image
Attached Image

--------------
History is no more than the lies agreed upon by the victors.

~NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
14 replies since Jun. 23 2008,1:32 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 1 of 212>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply George Carlin has died
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon