Search Members Help

» Welcome Guest
[ Log In :: Register ]

1 members are viewing this topic
>Guest

Page 10 of 80<<67891011121314>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: There goes the country club, Do we need another development?< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 91
ICU812 Search for posts by this member.

Group: Super Administrators
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 26 2006,11:01 am  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Yeah, I dont think golfers need worry.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 92
Alfy Packer Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 26 2006,12:11 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Another no money down real-estate developer!  

Show me the money, for money talks, and BS walks!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 93

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 26 2006,1:53 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

ICU your marked up arial photo has some public land in the plan, as well as some property that was sold by the Wedge's earlier to someone other than LaFavre.  Nice plan though, with some modifications it would be very acceptable to me, but that wasn't what has been said by LaFavre as to his intentions for the Country Club property.  What he feels Albert Lea deserves a bull dozer running through the golf course sometime in September of 06.
 Post Number: 94

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 26 2006,2:01 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Quote (Alfy Packer @ April 26 2006,1:53pm)
What he feels Albert Lea deserves a bull dozer running through the golf course sometime in September of 06.

Like you said...

Show me the money, for money talks, and BS walks!
:D
 Post Number: 95
leftALintime Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 26 2006,3:04 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Why would the city give up it's nicest asset of Edgewater park? to swap land with some guy wanting to build some houses?
 Post Number: 96

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 26 2006,9:35 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

The West end of Edgewater Park was once a dump and the City is planning to open it up again to clean it up because there is toxic substances seeping out of it into Fountain Lake.  Rather than our tax dollars going to clean it up, it would be the perfect graduation gift for Mr. LaFavre, who has recently completed Carlton Sheets no money down real-estate class.  With this one exception, I agree with you leftALintime, it is the public's park and not available to a quick buck real-estate wheeler/dealer.

Note to Willard:  Not a good idea to be introducing your friend Scott around to golf club members.  I know you like the exciting life but even so, it is not a good idea!
 Post Number: 97
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 26 2006,11:08 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I've heard the golf course superintendent has left the CC to work for Diamond Joe's course, and the rumor floating around out at the CC is that some of the equipment is being sold. :dunno:

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
 Post Number: 98
TheTruth Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 26 2006,11:13 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Sounds like "sell it before you sell it" to me.
Hope it is only a rumor.
or maybe the equipment is being sold to replace it with new equipment?

--------------
GOT TRUTH?
 Post Number: 99
Replicant Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 27 2006,8:35 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Haven't seen anything here, but there was a notice on pg. 3 of the Tribune yesterday, also on Govt. Channel 16, saying there is a special Planning Commission meeting tonight 5:30 p.m. in the council chambers to discuss the golf course situation.

Interesting that the notice in the paper stated that a quorum of city council members may be present.  Perhaps there was another legal notice I missed, but I wonder if proper notice has been given under the Open Meeting Law.  An important topic, but not sure if it would be necessary for a quorum to be present.

--------------
Some drink deeply from the river of knowledge.  Others only gargle. - Woody Allen

The problem is not that we have too many fools, it's that the lightning isn't distributed right. - Mark Twain.
 Post Number: 100

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 27 2006,8:44 am Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

On Tuesday when Victoria met with Steve O on the 1450AM she announced it and stated that a notice was up(at city hall?) to provide the adequate information to comply with the open meeting law.
792 replies since Apr. 15 2006,6:24 pm < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 10 of 80<<67891011121314>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply There goes the country club
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon