>Guest

Page 13 of 52<<91011121314151617>>

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

reply to topic new topic new poll
Topic: SMOKING BAN, SMOKING< Next Oldest | Next Newest >
 Post Number: 121
shaker Search for posts by this member.

Group: Members
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 12 2005,5:32 pm  Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I don' know where you go ALcitizen, but if its so bad that you have to put your jacket outside and shower--- well I guess that I just wouldn't go there, I don't understand people who bitch about smoke and then go to those places. We have enough gov. sticking there nose in our lives as it is. Whats next? Maybe overweight people? Medical studies show that overweight people cost us all money with there many sickness. Maybe we could have fat police to go along with the smoke police, they could watch the fast food places and pizza joints to see that your not eating to much. God help us.
Top of Page Profile Contact Info 
 Post Number: 122
Botto 82 Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 13 2005,2:56 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

She compared today's fear of terrorism to "Red Scare" of the 1950s.

Another working comparison would be Hitler's rationale for the march into Poland, etc:

But you can terrify people. The art of government now, the art of control as practiced by the current junta, is: Keep the people frightened. It's exactly what Adolf Hitler and his gang did. Keep them frightened: The Russians are coming. The Poles are killing Germans who live within the borders of Poland. The Czechs are doing the same thing in the Sudetenland. These are evil people. We must go after them. We must save our kin.

Gore Vidal, in CityPages

--------------
Dear future generations: Please accept our apologies. We were rolling drunk on petroleum.

- Kurt Vonnegut
 Post Number: 123
ALcitizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 13 2005,3:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Shaker, you have never been to Eddie's then.  No offense George.
 Post Number: 124
GEOKARJO Search for posts by this member.
Google This!!!

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 13 2005,3:29 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

None taken but is is spring now and the doors are open but when you got 60 or more people in there a woman with strong perfume or a man with stong aftershave bothers me more than the smoke
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 125
Liberal Search for posts by this member.

Group: Moderator
PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 13 2005,4:16 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

I can't stand the smell of perfume, but that's because the smell gives me a terrible headache, I don't have any idea why it does but my wife can't even use it in the house anymore because of the headaches I get, and I rarely go out to eat anymore because of it. I don't really care for the smell of cigarettes but at least that doesn't give me a headache.

If they do get smoking banned do you think they could go after the blue haired old ladies that buy perfume by the gallon next?

--------------
The people are masters of both Congress and courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert it!
Top of Page Profile Contact Info WEB 
 Post Number: 126
shaker Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 13 2005,10:43 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

O yes, I've been to Eddies. the smoke will not bother Me, Like I say though, If the smoke bothers a person, very simple, don't go there, how hard is that? ???
 Post Number: 127
OEF_Soldier Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 14 2005,3:50 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It's not an issue of government regulation here but one of OVER-regulation by our government. The choice of whether or not you want to go to a particular place is your inherent right. If it allows smoking inside then choose not to go there simple as that. Geo knows that I don't drink nor does my fiance' but that doesn't stop me from going down to Eddie's to see my friends. I smoke and personally my government needs to butt it's nose into other areas rather then on my right to smoke in a public establishment or not. That choice is not the governments to make. That choice belongs in the hands of the owner(s) of the establishment for which you wish to enter into. If an owner chooses not to allow smoking in their establishment then so be it. I may or may not go back to it. Either way it is MY choice as well as the establishments owner(s) and not the governments. I have gone to many restaraunts where I have had to sit in the non-smoking section because the people I am with don't smoke. I didn't complain. I will continue to make the choice as to where I wish to go and what places I will eat, drink or do whatever in. The government has no right to what I CHOOSE to do in that aspect. It is not the government's place to regulate this much of it's citizens lives. I choose to smoke and not to drink. Some of you choose to drink and not smoke. It is your choice to do so. Plenty of warnings about the evils of both drinking and smoking but citizens still choose to do one or the other or even both. Keep the government out of what it doesn't need to be involved in thats simple enough to do. Next thing you know they will be telling me when I can make love to the lil woman!!! :p  :laugh:

--------------
I've upped my standards so....UP YOURS !!!

My deepest feeling about politicians is that they are dangerous lunatics to be avoided when possible and carefully humored; people, above all, to whom one must never tell the truth. (W. H. Auden)
 Post Number: 128
ALcitizen Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 14 2005,9:27 am Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

Shaker, I doubt I would stop going there just because of the smoke.  I don't like the smell, but that bar has been that way for years, and probably always will, and I like everyone else just has to suffer through it.
 Post Number: 129
carnation Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 14 2005,2:00 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic. Skip to the next post in this topic. Ignore posts   QUOTE

It is a choice, but those of us who are allergic to the smoke, have to choose not to go certain places, or pay the price. Like Jaxx for instance. I love their menu.  The food is great, but there is just too much smoke. Oh, by the way, we are former smokers and truely do understand the addition and the pleasure of smoking.  Glad we quit though.  I figure in the 8 years we quit, we have saved around $20,000.
 Post Number: 130
The Game Search for posts by this member.

PostIcon Posted on: Apr. 14 2005,2:58 pm Skip to the previous post in this topic.  Ignore posts   QUOTE

Geo,

Can Pat turn the place into a private club?  Charge a yearly dues and still do all the civic things Eddies does.  Can it then be or remain smoking?  I'd pay.
511 replies since Jul. 28 2004,11:08 am < Next Oldest | Next Newest >

[ Track This Topic :: Email This Topic :: Print this topic ]

Page 13 of 52<<91011121314151617>>
reply to topic new topic new poll

» Quick Reply SMOKING BAN
iB Code Buttons
You are posting as:

Do you wish to enable your signature for this post?
Do you wish to enable emoticons for this post?
Track this topic
View All Emoticons
View iB Code
Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon Emoticon